2008/02/05

UniverSOUL! A Mix By: Yann V.

Folks,

Here's the post from my Soul blog that Yann put together for me. Just wanted to inform everyone here so you'd have a chance to check it out if you're not a visitor of that blog. Thanks again to Yann for doing it!



SoulSistas And SoulBruthas! I've got a little pre-one-year-anniversary mix for you today from my SoulBrutha Yann V. He hails out of France and put together a guest mix for me and, more importantly, for you. Yann's been a supporter of this spot since the beginning and I want to thank him for all the kind messages. We sort of got together over our mutual admiration of Paul Weller. Who's that you might ask? Probably one of the greatest artists in British music history that practically no one knows here in the US. Yann runs a great blog dedicated to the music of Weller and all things MOD. Stop by and pay him a visit. It goes without saying, but I want to give a heartfelt thanks to Yann for taking the time to do this for me. Cheers Brutha!! Check out Yann's UniverSOUL mix!

A Message From Yann:
"UniverSOUL" is the, very pretentious I know, title because it means "Univers Soul" in French (Soul Universe) and Universal Soul in English. It comes from different ages of Soul and different countries to show Soul music is alive everywhere! All The best and I hope you ENJOY!"

The Tunes:
01. Smiling Faces Sometimes - The Undisputed Truth
02. Southern Love - Jimmy Lewis
03. Nathaniel Mayer - White Dress
04. Make Sure You Can Handle It - Bobby Patterson
05. Lady Day And John Coltrane - Gil Scott-Heron
06. Every Time you See Me Smile - Beverly Knight
07. Just Kissed My Baby - The Meters
08. Sick & Tired - Willie Tee
09. Keep Reachin' Up - Nicole Willis And The Soul Investigators
10. Hard Times - Curtis Mayfield
11. Is it Because I'm Black? - Syl Johnson
12. Eyes On The Prize - Mavis Staples
13. Keep On Looking - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
14. Sweet Touch Of Love - Allen Toussaint
15. You And I - Johnny Bristol


Download "UniverSOUL" A Mix By: Yann V.



Peace and SOUL,
Dave...

Note: Don't forget if you'd like to help celebrate my ONE year anniversary next month, please send me ONE SOUL/FUNK/JAZZ song, your first name, where you are from, and a few words about it, in mp3 format to:
SoulBrutha@gmail.com
Thanks so much!!!!!!

No comments: