2010/12/24

My 2010 FAVES by PAUL WELLER


My 2010 FAVES by PAUL WELLER

My favourite record all year was Erland & The Carnival. I love it because you can't pin it down. It's got folk, electronica, psych and great dark tunes. We had the pleasure of sharing the stage with them in London and New York and they were great. Erland's a great singer and frontman too. They've got a new album out in 2011 which is gonna be great.

I also loved the Tame Impala album Inner Speaker. They're a young Aussie band. I suppose you'd call it guitar rock music, but it has a nice psychedelic sound to it too. I like Devlin's album - very clever lyrics. He played with us recently at Wembley and was great.

Bowie's Station To Station re-issue was good, but I wish they had put Tony Visconti's original tracks and mixes on the bonus disc. I would have loved to have heard that stuff. As for films, Four Lions by Chris Morris was genius, as always from him. Funny and sad, like all great comedy.

Mirror favourites...

1 PAUL WELLER

Wake Up The Nation The Jam legend's astonishing middle-age resurgence continued with an album as timely and relevant as any in Weller's 36-year career. Wired and angry, jagged, contagious and totally inspiring. Trees, the album's sad but defiant mini popopera, is one of the most brilliant songs in an already mighty canon. Rise and shine.


No comments: